Ashley interviews licensed acupuncturist Nancy Byrne on all things acupuncture. Does it really hurt? Are the needles clean and what to look out for when going to a new practitioner. We’ll also delve into how it healed Ashley’s lifelong chronic pain and the other health problems it can help treat.
To hear all the episodes or SUBSCRIBE:
(new episodes will arrive in your itunes each week)
Things discussed in this episode:
- The basics of acupuncture and Yin & Yang.
- Other parts of Chinese Medicine besides acupuncture.
- How to know if an acupuncturist legit and what to look for in terms of safety and hygiene.
- What questions should you ask before going to acupuncture for the first time?
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
- I’m scared of needles…can I still do acupuncture?
- DOES IT HURT?!
- Does it actually decrease pain?
- What is Yamuna Body rolling and how can it completely change your body?
About the guest:
Nancy Byrne is Licensed Acupuncturist, Board Certified Herbalist, and Yamuna Body Rolling practitioner. She is a diplomate of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Nancy received her Masters Degree from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM) in New York City.
Nancy’s passion is teaching mindful medicine and connection to breath, and she deeply believes in empowering patients through education. Her goal is to offer patients both an understanding of the existing patterns of imbalance as well as the skills to correct them, in order to achieve freedom from physical and emotional pain.