Ashley chats with Mom and Nutrition expert Samantha Bailey on how to create healthy eating habits in babies and young children. Are adults putting their own personal satisfaction ahead of kids nutritional needs? How to deal with your picky eaters (spicy food, anyone?) and how to feed a family of four on a budget – without eating crap!
(new episodes will arrive in your iTunes each week)
Things discusses in this episode:
- Why Samantha wanted to prevent her kids from having an addiction to sweets.
- Birthday cake or no birthday cake?
- The secret payoff adults get from kids eating junky food
- What is the first step to introducing health foods to babies?
- How to get kids to eat spicy foods
- Dealing with picky eaters
- Where to find healthy foods on a budget
- How to grow healthy foods when you’re busy
- How to deal with relatives and schools influencing kids eating
- How to react when your older kids try junky food
- What does Samantha’s family of four eat everyday?
- How does changing a child’s diet heal things like allergies, asthma and eczema?
- The two most harmful foods kids are eating
About the guest:
Samantha Bailey is a Nutrition Consultant in the New York City area. She specializes in using food to heal health issues in children especially eczema, asthma and allergies. She has 2 toddlers and writes a blog on topics around health & sustainability while having a family on a budget.