Nutrition Coach Shirley Plant talks about the real issues with gluten. Is it just a fad? How to know if you actually have Celiac’s, the first step to take if you gluten might be an issue. And why the heck is wheat and gluten suddenly a problem? We’ll dig into the political issues surrounding this tricky ingredient!
Love what you’re hearing?
Click here to subscribe on itunes or leave a quick review!
Things discussed in this episode:
- Shirley’s history of health issues – including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in her twenties and later on, fibromyalgia.
- What is a Celiac disease?
- How can gluten lead to leaky cut syndrome?
- Difference between a sensitivity and allergy
- Are there tests for Celiac disease?
- Hidden sensitivity to gluten. Could it be making you sick and you don’t even know it?
- How food has changed in the last 50 years and why that effects wheat.
- Other names for gluten on food labels
- How to figure out if gluten is your issue?
- Issues in children that might be gluten related
- How much nutritional training do Doctors get? The answer will surprise you!
About the guest:
Shirley Plant is a nutrition coach and author of Finally… Food I Can Eat, a dietary guide for people with multiple food sensitivities and those looking for easy, healthy recipes.